Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rise and Shine!

I will rise but I will NOT Shine...

Tom Wingfield in The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams

That sums up my feelings this morning. However, once I was up, but I felt a lot better, so I went to water aerobics. Somehow I think that exercising in the water makes me more flexible and I  wonder how I would have fared had I started doing this sooner, when my right hand and leg were stronger and more responsive.

I came home and did a variety of housework including my least favorite chore, cleaning the birdcages. Paco always glowers at me when I change the paper in his cage and Wally the cocktail flies around chirping incessantly until I am done.

After lunch I called Ron to tell him that 2 hummingbirds were flying around the backyard chasing each other. Hummingbirds are extremely territorial and one bird has decided that he owns the hummingbird feeder and chases off the other. We have noticed monarch butterflies also drinking the nectar -- in fact they don't appears to be afraid of the hummingbirds!

While I was talking with Ron, I heard a buzzing noise and saw a wasp on the inside of the dining room window. This is probably the 15th wasp that has been inside our house in the last week. They may have a nest in our attic and it's hard telling how many are up there. Anyway, I swatted it and trapped it under a chair leg. It's kind of inhumane, but I can't seem to stomp them hard enough to kill them.


Here's a cartoon to summarize the day so far:



No comments: