Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 1 -- An online journal


I suppose that this is just talking to myself, but since I can't write by hand anymore, this may be the next best thing to a journal entry. It's actually kind of amazing how good this voice recognition software is. I don't know what I would have done had I been this disabled even 10 years ago. It is a great blessing to someone who enjoys writing, like me.

Anyway, I've decided that each evening I should at least chronicle what I have accomplished each day. Since I don't work anymore, it has become important to see what I have done -- may be to give some sense of value to my life. Maybe to justify my continued existence.

Today, I initially felt like not getting up, which is how I feel most days. I used to be a morning person, but now it is hard to see why I should get it out of bed. Fortunately, my husband and daughter are busy with their lives. If I were by myself, it might be different.

Anyway, I began to work on the assignment for a playwrighting class that I'm taking online. The Dana-Thomas House has requested that I adapt my novel, Water and Fire, into a short play that they could put on in the house next spring and I'm taking the class to help me accomplish this.

This morning I completed the first week's assignment, which consisted of a short summary of the play and a short bio of the main characters. I know that the plan will need to be much shorter than the novel and the action will need to be isolated at the house.

Working on this play is a wonderful gift and I hope that I am proceeding correctly. I need to talk with woman at the Dana-Thomas house to make sure.

It was great because after I submitted this, my mother called. Good timing. The small sense of accomplishing something helps enormously. God is providing for me and I am very thankful. I just need to make sure that I pass on these blessings. There is always a chance to help someone.

No comments: