Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Aquacise!

Today I felt better in the morning, maybe because of starting this new habit last night or maybe because I had some goals in mind for the day. I got ready and went to the health club to the aquacize class that I had gone to for the first time last week. I do enjoy being a part of group exercise sessions and this came back to me as I was thrashing about in the water. I don't have very good balance or coordination, but the group and teacher were very understanding.

Afterwards, I met Marie who had also been working out, and we had coffee. She is a very deliberate speaker, but very intelligent and thoughtful, and it's good for me to slow down and listen to her. I was able to be honest with her and felt like she enjoyed being with me. I left feeling very encouraged.

I did some errands and laundry after that and made dinner. My energy gradually decreases throughout the day, so I need to make sure I get important things done early. I think I am going through a real redefining of myself and it is not without pain, but hopefully I will emerge a more useful person and more content.

I'm alone again tonight, and maybe that's okay. I don't think I'm probably too good at this point in the day anyway. I feel kind of lonely though so I hope this isn't an every night kind of thing. I do think that I tend to regain some of my energy if I rest.

No comments: